Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A buck a pop...

I only needed a few things from the store, so I stopped on my way home from work. I left $103 later. I still haven't figured out how I manage to spend more when things are on sale. Charlie started me stockpiling when things are cheap. Things kept whacking me in the head with low prices, so they ended up in my cart. The apple bowl was empty yesterday, so they too ended up on the list. Of course, the apple bin at the store was fairly well picked over. They did have bags of bulk apples for a decent price though. Not very good ones however. Last week I bought a bunch of oatmeal, so perhaps I might take my crappy apples and combine the two into something more eatable. Edible. Whichever. Also A&W was 10 for $10. Dinner tonight was perhaps not as satisfying as it might have been, but the hotdog wasn't bad. Not all was lost. The environment in which I ate it was nice though. I had a good hot fire on Monday night due to company coming over. When I got home it was only 48 degrees. The others might not appreciate a house that cold, so I stoked up the stove really well. I packed it full again when I went to bed. The coals were still glowing in the morning so I packed it again. When I got home again the house was still a touch warm and the coals still glowing yet again. Apart from running out of wood, I could get used to a warm house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home