Friday, October 27, 2006

Warmth

As odd as it is having people in the house with me, I do like having the landlords here. I got home tonight and instead of the usual cold, the house was pleasantly warm and smelling of sweet oak. A fire had been lit in the kitchen stove and the house was deliciously warm, rather than the usual cold and dark. Also, I can see my way to the light switch now. After breaking my nose on the living room wall, I put some thought into how to prevent future nose adjustments. At some time in the distant past, I took one of my grandfather's old caboose lamps (my father has the other) and rigged it up with an electric light. All the old parts are there and intact, I simply added a few easily removable parts. It always required me to plug it in though, and I've never really done that. A quick trip to the hardware store bought me a small timer to plug my lamp into. Now when I come home at night my living room is lit up by the red and blue lenses of my grandfather's lantern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home