Friday, November 10, 2006

Figures

I've invited a few friends over this evening. Festivities were to start at eight. It is now twenty past nine. There was time enough after I got home (rather later than I wanted to) to pick up the house, vacuum the house, take the ash from the stove, and light a ripping good fire. Now that the house is quite a bit warmer than I am used to (it is now 60 degrees in here) no one is here. But! I did get two books I had ordered from ebay. One is a volume I once borrowed, but had to give back before I had gotten to the end. It is an analysis of ancient engineering techniques grouped by culture. The other is a look at the development and impact of science on society in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It sounded interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home