Saturday, November 11, 2006

A most profitable day

The day started at Brightside Yard at eight. It was raining of course. There weren't a whole lot of us and the Train of Lights was fouling the main. Current estimations put this train at 942 feet long. This is huge for a historical volunteer based railroad. Since there was little we could do with so few of us, we tackled some small jobs in the yard. I had the GBAM annual business meeting to attend in Hayward at noon, so I left Brightside at about 11:30. The meeting was good, though due to the weather there were only two Metropolitans there. One was Beth's (hosting the meeting at her house) and the other belonged to Wayne. This is all well and good, but it delays the point of this post. I have an original windshield to place in my met now. I also have two original door panels to either use (unlikely, they are a non-compatible color) or to make patterns from. I was given a steering wheel which may be better than mine (and information about a man who refinishes them with spectacular results), two bumperettes (dented but shiney), and a new license plate holder mount/light combo. Bob of course (not me) was very helpful in the whole "how the hell do I do that" department. After the meeting ended there was enough time left in the day to head back to Brightside to finish the days work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you hear that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home