Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Providence...I love that chick, and the goodies she brings

My house is just at the foot of the hills were the quicksilver mines used to be. As such, the water in my well is poison. That being the case, I have to schlepp large jugs of purified water to my place from a store a good number of miles from my door. It costs money and its heavy. Add to that the fact that I am lazy. From time to time (read "always") I get a little behind in changing the water in my fish tank. Changing it as often as my little aquatic friends deserve keeps me driving back and forth to el casa de agua. Ha! No longer! My brother in law is stuck in a contract with arrowhead water for four five gallon jugs a month for two years. He doesn't go through nearly that much. His kitchen looks like it's been annexed by the water company for storage purposes. Or porpoises. He has enough water to store them too. He, out of kindness rather than despiration, no doubt, has graciously given me twenty gallons of water with the promise of more, if I but bring him back the empties. My fishes will thank me as soon as they realize that their new fresh water is better than the cloudy algae choked mess where they currently abide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home