Monday, March 30, 2009

Take that USGS

A good number of us just sat through one of the thrills of living in California. The light earthquake. The fun ones that are strong enough to get the lamp swinging, but weak enough not to break anything. It was fairly long though, it just seemed to keep on rolling. Once it stopped, I set the book down I had been holding over my head in case the window behind me decided to throw glass at me and picked up the computer. I went to the US Geological Survey site. They track these things. They didn't know the magnitude yet. I thought I did though. 4.6? No. Not quite. 4.4 then? Yeah that sounds better. Then the USGS confirmed it for me. Its good to be the king. It is a bit disturbing though. I would gladly trade that super power for x-ray vision or lickity-speed. Also, all the wild turkeys behind my place think the sky is falling. They keep gobbling away as if the world is still shaking.

Note: In the last few minutes the USGS has reviewed their data and rated the quake a 4.3

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

San Jose Earthquake: Magnitude 4.3 points.
video
I think this is a must see!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home