Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Two cherries and a plum

I did a bit more investigating of the slot machine this week. There is not much information out there on the internet about these old nickel slots, but there is something. Mostly I found a number of people talking about the machines and very little useful information on the workings thereof. After some time of poking around I did find a number of pictures. One of which showed a slot machine that was very similar to mine, with several small differences. I did more research and eventually came to a cautious conclusion. It is a Caille Cadet nickel slot made somewhere in the year 1936. It was one of the last machines made by Caille before they stopped manufacturing. Also, stuck in the works I found a nickel dated 1940. It had a bit of wear on it, so it wasn't new when it got lost, but still, it does remind one of the age of this toy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home