Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Pasta just tried to kill me

Not long ago I was given one of those fancy pots with holes in the lid for straining pasta water. After remembering that I had a bit of a particularly tasty sausage in the freezer and a jar full of arrabiata, I decided give the pot a try. I'll spare you the flavorific details of what I did with the food, and leave you with a warning. These fancy pots work rather well for draining pasta water, but they don't let steam out terribly well. Remember not to put your face over the pot when you open it after draining. Further remember not to breath through your mouth if you should forget to move your face. I just burned the crap out of my tongue.

6 Comments:

Blogger nayhem said...

Scarréd by the geist, / the wrath unleashed by boiled / semolina sticks.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tivo has begun billing itself to my credit card for $12.95/mo. Of course, it should be half of that if it was pointed out to them that I am entitled to the multi-service discount - however I think you should deal with calling them and transferring to your mother's account and getting her multi-service discount? Or you are welcome to enter your credit card into my account since my box has lifetime and won't be charging anything anyway.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps we should judge from your lack of recent posting that the pasta succeeded?

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw you last night, and it looked like you were doing more of the killing than the pasta.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your tongue is still in working order.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the only thing sticking is this post....

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home