Thursday, October 11, 2007

Too new to be annoying yet

The weather has just turned cool enough to light the first fire of the year. This early in the season I still have enough firewood to be both warm and comfortable with the fact that I'm not running out yet. Just for the sake of something different, I lit the wood range in the kitchen and cooked my dinner on it. For whatever reason, I never bothered to light the kitchen stove for heat last year. Due to the fact that there is another stove closer to my couch in the living room, the kitchen stove stayed cold. It really is a very good design. It heats the house quite a bit better than the caboose stove by the couch. It is more central, and considering that it was designed to get hot enough to cook food quickly, as well as circulate smoke around the oven box to heat it as well, it is far more efficient. It radiates far more heat into the room due to its oven draft design, rather than just sending it up the stovepipe, like the caboose stove. This thing is cool (hot), and it cooks food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home