Monday, September 25, 2006

What have I done?

Through various family and friends and the generosity thereof, I have come by a new couch. That is to say, I have come by a couch that is new to me. In reality it is about six years old or so. Big, black, leather, and comfy. I was told it was a leather sectional. It has two recliners built into it, and a hide-a-bed. I can deal with that, thought I. Is it comfortable, I asked? My mother has sat on it any number of times and she thought it was. Good enough for me. After a few phone calls I discovered that all the help I thought I would find were otherwise occupied. Luckily for me, help that I thought would be busy was not. And he had a truck. I should have been well warned by the fact that it took two trucks to get the pieces home. Once I finally got the thing put together, I discovered that this couch is absolutely gigantic. It takes up more than half of my rather large living room. I turned Charlie's couch around to sit back to back with the far side of my sectional. The long side of my couch faces the incredibly large television on loan from my sister. The shorter side faces the stove. Charlie's couch now backs to that side and faces the fish tank and the wall that will eventually hold my piano. I used to think that my eventual move out of here would be easy. I didn't used to possess anything terribly large. Now I can't say that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home