Sunday, April 16, 2006

Surprised

My good friend Izzy came to the shop the other day. After we got back from lunch I did a little work to his trombone while we listened to the latest bit of odd music he brought in. He stayed the rest of the work day with me, practicing on his trombone as I worked. He spent a bit of time meditating on a blue theme that sounded rather familiar. I thought it was pretty good. I couldn't quite place it though. I thought it was an adaptation of a tuba line we both played a number of years back. After I mentioned something about it he looked rather confused. As it turns out, it was one of the Glagalash themes. Not only was it one of the Glagalash themes, it was one I wrote. To say I was surprised is an understatement. It isn't as if I have written so much music that I could forget some of it. Huh. I need to revisit Glagalash and see what more can be done to it. I know Izzy has improved a lot of it, but that shouldn't be hard to do. He is a much better musician than I shall ever be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home