Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I'm experiencing a sensation all together new to me

I bought a book on ebay not long ago and it just got here. There is an odd joy in finding a package in the mail box, even if you already know what is in it. That in itself is not worthy of a posting. The fact that my name was misspelled on the package does. It was spelled with a "ck" instead of the usual "ch". I will freely admit that the proper sound does not exist in the english language and I accept the usual misspelling due to the phonetic sound of the english interpretation of my name. This is the first time someone has misspelled my name without ever hearing an english speaking individual mispronounce it first. On a side note...every so many years either my father or I will introduce ourselves to someone new using the proper pronunciation of our name. Without fail they come to the english pronunciation all on their own in a very short time. I certainly don't object to the sound of it, but I do rather like it when someone uses the proper form...it makes me happy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and frankly, I love it.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll settle for the correct gender.

8:43 PM  
Blogger CK said...

I'd try to say it properly, but I think it requires a uvula.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home