Saturday, March 25, 2006

It's alive! ALIVE!!!

Not only does my Metropolitan run, it bleeds oil, coughs, and smokes like a demon. If you ignore all these minor problems, you could say that it is alive. In fact, you could say that it is drivable. More to the point, it did drive. Twice. There are witnesses. Two witnesses in fact. One for each trip. Both of whom seemed concerned with the lack of seat belts. I am told that seatbelts keep a person from flying through or cracking a persons head on the windshield. As my met has no windshield, there was little problem. The speedometer sticks, the fuel guage needs to be attached properly, a windshield is needful, the brakes give the impression of stopping if not the reality, the trunk has no hinges to keep it down, the tires are rotting off, there are rust holes in the doors, the inside door handles are missing, the temp guage is crap, oil is bubbling through the head gasket, and my timing is off, but besides those, I have a working car. Upon further reflection though, maybe my car is not so much alive as it is undead. I am not bothered by that. You can't kill something that is already dead.

1 Comments:

Blogger CK said...

Congratulations on bringing life, be it undead life, into the world. You must be very proud.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home