Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sally smells sheep smells down by the sheep store...

Some time back I went to pick n pull for a few needful things. I found them, but I also found some other optional items for cheap. Considering the fact that they will neither make my car go nor make it go faster, I had not bothered installing them. Now I have. The BMW now has a better looking center console that has all the screws actually doing the job they are supposed to be doing. Misfortunately, at least one of them has a very particular odor. In fact it stinks very much bad. I am hoping the smell will dissipate, but I think that I may be stuck with it. After all, those parts have been just sitting around dissipating in my yard for several months. Perhaps on Monday I will go to the shop and apply some of the fancy anti-stink spray I use on cases.

Speaking of shops. My landlord came this week past and removed any number of things, including the forges and anvils, and most if not all the blacksmithing tools. This is bad timing. I met a friendly blacksmith not long ago and now I've got it on the brain. Of course I have not been able to find a supply of coal to fire the forge, so I couldn't do much anyway, but never mind that. Now I am thinking of gathering my own supplys and tools. I think ebay will yet again become my friend. If I am careful, I might be able to do this thing if I go for a propane forge like the blacksmith advised. Coal is more nostalgic and likely would please me more, but propane is cleaner, faster, and perhaps a bit less work. And as long as we have this obsession with the barbeque, there will be fuel for it. I hope the blacksmith writes back. Now I've got technical questions for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home