Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Excuse me, sir, but you dropped this on my house

Manwardo the Magnanimous pointed something out to me the other day that made me wonder at the direction technology has taken us. Imagine modern warfare. We can obliterate people we have never seen before, living half a world away, with the touch of a big red button. But it was not always this way. Nope. Think about it. Not that long ago in the history of man we made war by poking each other with pointy sticks and throwing rocks. Catapults and swords, you may call them, but still the end result is throwing rocks at a man's house and poking him with a stick. Just a touch more than 400 years ago. Makes me want to live in an earlier time for roughly a minute before I realise that I enjoy the luxury of the modern toilet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home