Thursday, February 08, 2007

Shavingscream


A year or so ago I decided to bite my thumb in the general direction of the Gillette corporation and switch to shaving with a straight razor. It has taken quite a bit of time to find all the needful accoutrements, but I will soon have them all. Meanwhile, I have long since stopped using canned shaving foam and switched instead to shaving soap in a mug and a brush. It seems that the Drug Emporium next to my shop sells (sold) not one, but two different brands of shaving soap. Enough time has passed that I have gone through two cakes of the stuff. The soap goes a long way, considering you use very little. They have sold out their stock now, and are very slow about replacing it. Likely they will not bring more in. So. I have gone online and procured two different fragrances of shaving soap and all the strop dressing I need to actually attempt to cut mine own throat. Mostly I dislike fragrances, though this time I'll give it a whirl. There is a bit of nostalgia in the smell of shaving soap. Mostly I'm telling you all this for an excuse to post the picture. The first time I saw it I think my laughter spooked my neighbors horses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home